The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) educates artists, designers, and scholars, offering nationally accredited undergraduate, graduate, and post-baccalaureate programs to more than 3,600 students from around the globe.
Additional information about the School of the Art Institute of Chicago can also be found online at?College Navigator.
Admissions and Academic Information
Post-Baccalaureate and Certificate
Cost and Financial Assistance
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Cost of Attendance
- Criteria for Continued Student Eligibility
- Criteria for Adjusting Aid Amount
- Criteria for Selecting Recipients and Determining Award Amount
- Eligibility Requirements
- Federal Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling Requirement and Information
- Federal Work-Study Conditions and Terms
- Financial Aid Advances to Obtain/Purchase Books and Supplies for Eligible Students
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress Policy
- General Financial Assistance Information
- Loan Repayment Sample Schedule and Necessity for Repayment
- Method and Frequency of Disbursements
- Net Price Calculator
- Procedure and Forms
- Receipt of Pell Grants
- Refund Policy
- Return of Aid
- Study Abroad?and?Title IV Aid?
- Terms of Federal Loans
SAIC does not participate in preferred lender arrangements.
Policies and Resources?
- 2019-2020 SAIC Bulletin
- Accommodations for People with Disabilities
- Acceptable Use for Network and Computing Resources
- Affiliate Entities
- Career and Professional Experience
- Copyright Infringement
- Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendment
- Immunization Policy
- Non-Discrimination Statement
- Requirements for Withdrawal
- Student Activities
- Student Handbook
- Student Records Policies/Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Textbook Information
- Title IX Coordinator
- Voter Registration and Constitution Day
SAIC Undergraduate Alumni*
Outcomes represent 398 out of 556 alumni who completed their bachelor’s degrees six months after graduation, a 71.58% knowledge rate.?
83.92% are employed
8.79% are continuing their education
92.95% career outcomes
SAIC Graduate Alumni*
Outcomes represent 133 out of 264 alumni who completed their master’s degrees six months after graduation, a 50.38% knowledge rate.?
87.1 are employed
1.51% are continuing their education
88.64% career outcomes
*graduating class of 2018
Art Therapy Credentials Board Examination
Pass rates for the last four years for SAIC graduates who have taken the exam for the purpose of board certification with the Art Therapy Credentials Board.
2016 ?9 Pass ?0 Fail ?100% Pass Rate
2015 ?2 Pass ?0 Fail ?100% Pass Rate
2014 ?9 Pass ?0 Fail ?100% Pass Rate
2013 ?1 Pass ?0 Fail ?100% Pass Rate
Art Education Assessment Pass Rates
Types of Graduate and Professional Education in Which the Institution’s Graduates Enroll
[Not yet available]
Filing a Complaint with an Accrediting Agency and Relevant State Agencies
Federal Program Integrity rules issued by the U.S. Department of Education require institutions to provide to students or prospective students contact information needed to file a complaint and with relevant state agencies.
For a link to state agency information for all 50 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico, please click on the following link:?
Illinois Board of Higher Education
431 E. Adams, 2nd floor?
Springfield, IL 62701-1404?
Institutional Complaint Hotline: 217.557.7359
Institutional Online?Complaint Link:?http://complaints.ibhe.org/
Illinois Attorney General?
Consumer Fraud Bureau?
500 S. Second St.?
Springfield, IL 62706?
Consumer Fraud Hotline: 800.243.0618
Higher Learning Commission
North Central Association
230 S. LaSalle St., suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
National Association of Schools of Art and Design
11250 Roger Bacon Dr., suite 21
Reston, VA? 20190-5248
For students receiving?GI?Bill?Benefits: